Re: insight build, plus patch request

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Keith" == Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> writes:

Keith> Methinks Insight's usefulness is coming to an end.

Time for that PyGtk rewrite... :)

I already started playing with that. Alas, with the "new" frysk ("new" GDB?) coming up, I am not so sure that it is worth it.

Let's face it: Insight is in need of massive rewriting, barely maintained, not developed, and is in licensing limbo. This last con is enough to kill Insight IMO. Heck, it probably *has* been one of the reasons why Insight is so stagnant (at least it is for me).

Good case for PyGtk, for sure, but unless I went with 100% GDB/MI implementation (which I don't want to do), I would still need to either rewrite or recycle all the glue code in gdbtk/generic.

Once again, it may simply not be worth the effort any more. It might be better to simply contribute to Øyvind Harboe's stand-alone CDT debugger.