multiple insight sessions and state

I see the following peculiar behavior with insight 6.5:

When two insight-gdb's are running simultaneously, each connected to a
separate gdbserver, then any action on one insight affects the other
one. e.g.: pressing stop on one insight gdb will send the stop command
to both the gdbservers, and both the sessions get stopped.

The same issue does not exist if I just use gdb in command line mode.

I've never looked at the insight source code before, so I'd like to
know the following:

- is this a known issue that is fixed in a later release? if so, could
you point me to the bugfix/patch that fixes the issue?
- if this is new, then where should I start looking at in the source
code to provide any more details or try to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Siva
--
In the end, everything is a gag.