Re: [patch] Only use CW_SYNC_WINENV for Cygwin 1.15.20+

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> There is no such thing as Cygwin 1.15.20.  I don't know exactly when this was
> applied but I would just avoid referring to the exact version of Cygwin in the
> ChangeLog.

 Hmm, your own words:

Or do you mean the missing "-1" suffix?  If so, then sorry -- this can
certainly be rectified.  I just copied the change including the comment
from elsewhere as is.

> >2007-05-10  Maciej W. Rozycki  <macro@mips.com>
> >
> >	* win/tclWinPipe.c (TclpCreateProcess): Only use CW_SYNC_WINENV
> >	for Cygwin 1.15.20+.
> >
> > OK to apply?
>
> No, sorry.  If you are going to be testing versions like this then please
> use CYGWIN_VERSION_USER_API_VERSION_COMBINED.

 Well, no such macro as of 1.5.14, but it was introduced before
CW_SYNC_WINENV (at CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR == 147), so it would be OK.
Except it's not going to guard against CW_SYNC_WINENV being undefined
anyway (which is what I am addressing here) as it refers to a "user_data"
structure variable, so it can only be used at the run time (the result is
not a preprocessor constant).

 I could use something like:

#if CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_MAKE_COMBINED(CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MAJOR, \
				     CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR) >= 154

if you prefer -- does it look better to you?  It builds for me.  Either is
fine by my standards.

 And BTW, where is "user_data" declared?  Certainly not in any header
included from <cygwin/version.h>.

  Maciej