Insight slowness when stepping into dynamic library on remote target

Hello all,

I am working on a target board that is arm based and is running embedded
linux

I am attempting to use Insight 6.6 to debug the target board from an x86
based linux system (Fedora Core 6).

The target board boots up and nfs mounts its root file system from the
Host Linux system.

I configured and built Insight using the -target=arm-linux switch and
got a useable Insight executable on the Host.

I am running gdbserver on the target and give it the IP address/Port of
the Host system and then connect to it from the Host running Insight.

All this works very well.

The problem is when stepping into code that resides in a shared library
called from the main application. It eventually does work and comes back
with the proper place in the source code but takes anywhere from 1 to 2
minutes to complete the operation. It is doing a lot of accesses to the
target system via the network. I suspect that is may be getting all the
current symbol values for all the symbols in the library even though it
only needs a few to step into the function.

Has anyone else seen this behavior lately?

Thanks.

Randy Schafer
Intel Corporation
Randy.A.Schafer@intel.com