Re: insight1.0/help/trace?

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

$ insight --version
GNU gdb 6.5.50.20060706-cvs (cygwin-special)

That's very close to the latest. Not much different as far as insight goes.

I've noticed there's a directory (in Cygwin's file naming scheme)

/usr/share/insight1.0/help/trace

which contains what look like obsolete versions of the help pages. For example,

Yeah, the help/trace folder is supposed to contain nearly identical info as the help folder, except that the trace help files are geared toward tracepoint debugging instead of breakpoint debugging. It was a really lame way to solve a problem at the time...

This information is out of date: I don't think gdb.ini has worked for several years.

Really? I was under the impression that gdb.ini does work. .gdbinit certainly still works on unix. You might ask about gdb.ini on cygwin on the gdb mailing list. Someone there would know definitively.