Re: Cannot Build Insight Tool

Ray Duran wrote:
Hello,

I have really been struggling trying to build the Insight tool.
I have tried 6.1,6.4, and 6.5 all with no success.

My problem seems to be that the build is complaining of a missing file
called ada-lex.c. I have been talking on the gdb board and I was told
that this file is created
during the release creation.

I don't seem able to find a site that has this file included. Is there a
good site that anyone knows
of where I can get a download where I will not have this problem(
ada-lex.c included)

Are you trying to build a release or a snapshot? Unfortunately, I've been improperly releasing insight, so those files were not generated for the release tarball. Turns out I've been releasing "snapshots" of the release. My bad.

I'm working on a new release which is done the way gdb is (properly, in other words).

In the meantime, though, note that the build is capable of generating those files if you have flex installed. You may also need bison, texinfo, etc.

Keep your eyes posted for an announcement from me about a proper release tarball in the next day or two.

My apologies to you and everyone else this has affected.