Re: How to connect to running program via a serial port

[CC'ing mailing list]

Nik Shaylor wrote:

(gdb) show version
GNU gdb 6.5.0.20060626-cvs
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".

Oh, okay, I see the problem... You're using something like gdbserver (or similar type thing). Insight thinks you're using a native target (which is true), but you are not using the local system.

So the mis-feature is that the Run menu should change if the target settings are set to use anything but a native target (e.g., "exec").

In that case, it looks like you're out of luck until this is mess gets straightened out. I won't make any guarantees, but I'll put it on my ever-growing TODO list.