RE: would this be an improvement?

On 08 June 2006 15:09, Torsten Mohr wrote:

> Whatever i do, i _have_ _to_ change the size of that main
> window to make the _other_ toolbar appear where i can select
> the function/file and the view of the source window (SOURCE,
> ASSEMBLY, MIXED, SRC+ASM).
>
> Is it possible to make this one appear straight from the beginning?

http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2006-q1/threads.html#00004
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2006-q1/threads.html#00009

It's a known bug.  The patch at

http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2006-q1/msg00009.html

works for me.

> One more thing, for a bug report i just had to describe the
> content of the stack window.
> Is there a way to mark all the entries and "copy" them?
> I don't know how much effort there is in generating a right-click
> popup menu "Select all" and generate a string from the single
> entries in the listbox.  I think some function like that could be
> useful for the other windows as well.
> At the moment the least error prone way to describe others the
> content is to make a screen shot.  Sending those around on a
> mailing list is mostly not appreciated.

  Actually, the best way is to issue the "bt" command in the console window,
from where you *can* cut and paste the output easily.

    cheers,
      DaveK