Re: Insight EOL display

Keith,

I'm seeing these markers part way through a file. In particular when I've edited a file thats part of a gcc project using Visual Studio. It seems to save the parts I've edited with \r\n eols but retains the original eols for the parts I haven't edited (I typically wouldn't edit the beginning of the file). This confirms the suspicions that Duane mentioned about in his email so it looks as it is safer to parse the whole source when loading.

Off-subject but do you know how to get a hex display in the balloon popups when hovering over a variable ?

Regards
Dave

Dave Bryan wrote:

I'm using Insight under Windows and I'm seeing end of line square markers in the source window.
Is there any way to get Insight to not display these markers ?

Are you sure they are carriage returns? The function gdb_loadfile in gdbtk-cmds.c already strips the carriage return:

           /* Look for DOS style \r\n endings, and if found,
            * strip off the \r.  We assume (for the sake of
            * speed) that ALL lines in the file have DOS endings,
            * or none do.
            */

Do you see these markers on EVERY line (in particular, the first)? Can you find out what the value of the char is that is causing problems?