Re: Questioning the withdom of bundling gdb and insight

середа 17 травень 2006 10:27, Keith Seitz написав:
> Because at one time, we maintained a large number of fixes to tcl, tk,
> and itcl.

Are these fixes still necessary? Were they submitted to the maintainers of the
tcl, tk, and itcl projects respectively? Can the patches be downloaded
separately for evaluation?

> The majority wanted the giant tarball:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2004-q4/msg00116.html

This link points to you asking the question and a SINGLE response from a
person, who admitted to be a ``not a big "consumer of snapshots"''.

> PS. Patches welcome to build using external tcl, tk, itcl...

I'll build it -- just allow me (and the users of my work) to download only the
pieces needed. I'd like to make a FreeBSD port of insight (and gdb*).

Our ports collection already builds tcl/tk, itcl/itk, iwidgets, gnulibiberty
and other commonly used software -- there is no need for the insight port to
have a private copy of all this.

	-mi