Re: New release?

Pavel Roskin wrote:

I'm surprised that there have been no releases since December, although
6.4.0 has a known build problem (tcl/unix/configure: line 7061: syntax
error) with a known fix.

GDB 6.4.1 has not been released. Insight releases are tied to GDB releases (mainly for my own convenience -- since I don't really do a whole lot with insight any more).

Possible fixes, sorted by impact:

Remove tcl/tk from the sources
Update tcl/tk to the latest versions

Patches are always welcome. This first item is high on my hit list, but I haven't had the time for a long, long time, but one of these days, I'll get fed up and do it. Truth be told, I don't really think it would take me more than about 10-15 hours, including testing.

Fix stray quotes in the currently bundled tcl/tk sources

For the latest approach, the patch is attached.

Yes, I will check and apply your patches. Thank you.