Re: How do I build Insight

Hi,

Insight includes its own copy of Tcl, etc, so you dont need them to be already installed.

As for X11 not being installed, given Insight is a gui, it needs a gui environment, in this case X11, so unless you install X11, you should stick with plain GDB.

Otherwise installing for a local build is as easy as configure; make; (and as root) make install;

Steven Johnson

kamal wrote:

Hi ,

I have downloaded the insight-6.4.tar.bz2 file from redhat website. But my
Linux machine does not have Tcl, Tk, Itcl, and Tix
libraries and I do not have the X11 (R4/R5/R6) installed .

What can I do to build Insight ?

Thanks & Regards Kamal