Re: Insight Snap Shot

Keith Seitz wrote:

You should be able to run Insight in the background. If you're running
natively, then be sure to use the Run button (at least once) and select
File-Target Settings... and click the "use xterm for inferior output"
button.

Thanks - hadn't noticed that.

Now, as to why gdb won't run an executable (the whole libx.so.0 thing),
I haven't a clue. I don't even know what libx.so is. What host are you
running?

Don't worry - that was just an arbitrary message to show that gdb did something but insight appeared not to do anything [but (slightly) interesting, though: my executable ran correctly outside gdb, but the loader couldn't find a shred lib under gdb; the reason being that gdb ran my prog in an inferior shell, which executed my .cshrc on startup, which over-wrote LD_LIBRARY_PATH].

Thanks -

RT