Re: Help info

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 18:31 +0200, j.burton@tiscali.it wrote:
> (gdb) show version
> GNU gdb 6.0
> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
> are
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf".

Okie dokie. That's what I needed to see. You're running a cygwin host
targeting arm-elf.

> help target
> Connect to a target machine or process.
> The first argument is the type or protocol of the target machine.
> Remaining arguments are interpreted by the target protocol.  For more
> information on the arguments for a particular protocol, type
> `help target ' followed by the protocol name.
>
> List of target subcommands:
>
> target async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target cisco -- Use a remote machine via TCP
> target exec -- Use an executable file as a target
> target extended-async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target extended-remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target rdi -- Use a remote ARM-based computer; via the RDI library
> target rdp -- Use a remote ARM system which uses the ARM Remote Debugging
> Protocol
> target remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target sim -- Use the compiled-in simulator
>
> Type "help target" followed by target subcommand name for full documentation.
> Command name abbreviations are allowed if unambiguous.

Ok, I see from falcom.de that you are to use a serial connection using
38400 baud. If you've tried to configure the target using
"Remote/Serial" (remote), "ARM Angel/Serial" (rdi), and "ARM
Remote/Serial" (rdp), and all of them failed, I'm afraid there's not
much more advice I can give you.

Your best bet is to contact falcom.de for support on their product.