Re: Current Status of Insight

Hi...

> > Or should I use DDD (which i dont really like, because i think Motif
> > must have been designed by people that had no eyes, and was then hit
> > with the ugly stick 3 times on birth. [Personal opinion, Motif guys if
> > you like how it looks, more power to you])
>
> DDD, Eclipse CDT, xgdb (and friends) are all still options. I admit,
> though, I still use Insight from CVS head. IMO, it will be quite some
> time before something can match the simplecity of the UI and the speed
> of insight.
I also use Insight from CVS head. It works well, and at present
it is for me the *one and only* solution to debug gcc compiled code
on windows! I also tried DDD on cygwin but it is not that reliable.

> The real question is: Is it worth it? Does anyone really care anymore?
YES YES YES!!!! I am building insight from CVS frequently to run
on windows. Beside of the stack dump problem in gdb 6.x itself it works
really great!!! I use Insight on cygwin to debug mingw code all day!

> At one time I considered branching, dumping all the Tcl code (assigned
> to Red Hat) and rewriting in some form of gtk (all new code assigned to
> FSF). I don't believe there is enough interest to justify this work,
> though.
Well a replacement GUI would be nice, but should IMHO run also on
windows/cygwin.

Roland