Re: Current Status of Insight

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 22:09 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I think past and current employees of Red Hat would probably agree with
> you about this sorry state of affairs.
>
> Keith, what about a petition to Red Hat?  Think that would work?

I have no idea. For all I know, it might get me fired! [Okay, I don't
actually think it would, but who the heck knows?] I've thought about
this and other things.

I know this looks very badly upon Red Hat, but I want to make it
absolutely clear: I don't blame them one darn bit for not wanting to
take the time (and money) to see all the paperwork done. It does not
make economic sense.

I would also like to emphasize that when it comes to programming tools
(compilers, debuggers, etc), Red Hat is not a company, IME, that is all
take an no give. I've been involved with several projects where Red Hat
took AND gave back to the community.

Once again, I think we're finally at the point where we must ask
ourselves: Does it matter to anyone?*

Keith

* A question I have been meaning to ask for almost two years, but kept
chickening out in the last second...