Current Status of Insight

Hi, ive been away from Insight for quite some time.

Correct me (and maybe forgive me) if i make any errors, the following is from my memory, and i do not wish to upset anyone.

I seem to recall there was a falling out between FSF and Redhat over Insight. (I do not know exactly what about, and if i did i wouldnt have a position either way) and at about the same time (V5.3) vintage (around 2 years ago) Insight stopped being
(a) actively developed and
(b) released in synch with the GDB mainline.

There was a time when GDB X.YY would be released and insight X.YY seemed to be there right along with it, that was a long time ago now.

My email is basically a query on the status, is Insight alive and well?

Is the FSF/Redhat thing over Insight resolved?

Is there a road map for re-synching Insight with GDB releases, so people dont get stuck using an over 2 year old version (cause the web site says thats the latest stable version). Telling people to use CVS_HEAD is hardly ideal. It doesnt really inspire confidence in stability. Although I understand that might be the best answer anyone can currently give.

Or should I use DDD (which i dont really like, because i think Motif must have been designed by people that had no eyes, and was then hit with the ugly stick 3 times on birth. [Personal opinion, Motif guys if you like how it looks, more power to you])

Is Insight CVS_HEAD currently in-synch with GDB 6.3? If so, could an Insight 6.3 be cut and released as a stable version? If not whats the impediment?

Im happy to do the checking out and packaging of the source (if someone can tell me the appropriate CVS tag to use), and web site updating if thats all it requires.

Steven Johnson