Re: Problem with Remote/Serial in Insight

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 10:23, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> > I presume you mean "continue", not "run"...
>
> No, I mean "Run Method: (X) Run program". If I choose "Continue from
> Last Stop", nothing works. I simple want Insight to do the same as GDB
> if I type "target remote /dev/ttyS14".

Unless gdb has changed substantially since the last time I used a remote
target, one never uses "run" on a remote target. It doesn't make any
sense: there's no process to create. [It's a subtle difference, but
that's what gdb does.]

When you download a program to the target, gdb sets the PC to the start
address. "Continuing" the program will start its execution.

> It's simply not possible. Because the dialog is opened, this debug
> window is not accessible and because I cannot close that dialog ...

Set GDBTK_DEBUG to non-zero and GDBTK_DEBUGFILE to a filename in your
environment before running. This will save all the debugging information
into $GDBTK_DEBUGFILE.