Re: Restarting

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 16:15, geneSmith wrote:
> > I hate to say this, but I cringe everytime I hear about someone
> > connecting to a target in .gdbinit. It can really screw up insight.
>
> Have not observed any obvious problems. What should I look out for?

The biggest problems are with startup state. If you're not having
problems, then you're probably in good shape. Still, I don't normally
advise people to do so.

> When looking up "user-defined" command in manual saw "source" command.
> This seems to do exactly what I want, i.e., I type
>
> so .gdbinit
>
> and it all starts over and preserves the old breakpoints.

You can also just do something like:

define restart
set remotebaud 9600
target remote /dev/ttyS1
end

Then just run "restart" from the console.