Re: Getting an insight 6.1 executable on Cygwin

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 09:05, E. Weddington wrote:
> This *mostly* works. Starting from a clean install directory, it
> doesn't build avr-insight.exe (but I do get an avr-gdb.exe and an
> avr-gdbtui.exe [that's a new one for me]). But if I build it again
> without cleaning the install directory, I then get an avr-inisght.exe.

You mean a clean build directory? When you apply the patch, you must
regenerate the toplevel configure, then completely rebuild everything
(in other words, delete your build directory and reconfigure and build).
[Perhaps you've already done this. If you have, I apologize: all I can
say is "it worked for me". :-(]

> Any thoughts on how this can be fixed? Is there a later patch that I'm
> missing?

As far as I know, there are no other patches. Of course, I don't think I
ever tried a cross-gdb. I only did native. Maybe that's the ticket? Try
a clean (cross-avr) build. If that still fails, you can probably force
gdb to make you an insight executable (run make avr-insight.exe in the
gdb build directory). If that still fails, try a native cygwin build. If
that works, then we'll have something to go on.