Re: insight unable to start the process

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 05:02, choube mehul wrote:
>     i used following cmd to start insight:
>
>       insight test.x &
>
>     in the console window i typed in following cmd's:
>
>       break main.c:35
>
>       r SMRC
>
>     insight doesn't do anything just shows hour-glass.

There could be any number of explanations for this. Let's start by
ascertaining where the problem lies.

What is the output of "show version"?
What command did you use to build your "test.x" application?
Does command-line gdb work on the program? (Run "gdb" instead of
"insight" and type in all the commands that you used above.)

It is very likely that 6.1 (like its 6.0 counterpart) is very broken.
And I don't see that getting fixed until Red Hat and the FSF iron out
the licensing issues with the insight code.