RE: How to change the colors for visually impaired users

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Seitz [mailto:keiths@redhat.com]
Sent: Freitag, 28. Mai 2004 18:58
To: Thies, Reinhard
Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'
Subject: Re: How to change the colors for visually impaired users

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 22:16, Thies, Reinhard wrote:
> I am working with Insigth under Cygwin. An Altera installation of the
> NIOS development environment. I am visually impaired and therefore I
> always need black background with white foreground color. It looks
> that I can not change these setting in a menu therefore I tried
> already some Tcl/Tk statements in the tcl files but without any
> success, the background color of the source window is still white.

I believe you can change most of these things using prefs.tcl (the main
preferences database). The problem is, though, that I don't recall adding
preferences for things like generic window background colors... You may have
to dig through srctextwin.itb, console.itb, variables.tcl, etc and find all
the Tk widgets that are created and set their background color.

Thanks for your help. I found some places to change and brougth the settings
to the prefs.tcl. Maybe I can do the setting and provide it for the source
tree.
However, thanks for the help.
Reinhard

This e-mail is confidential, may contain proprietary information
of the Cooper Cameron Corporation and its operating Divisions
and may be confidential or privileged.

This e-mail should be read, copied, disseminated and/or used only
by the addressee. If you have received this message in error please
delete it, together with any attachments, from your system.