Re: arm-coff stack & local variable display problems

Keith Seitz wrote:

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 04:29, Toralf Lund wrote:

Any ideas why this happens? Notice that I'm looking at code executed *before* main(). Is there any reason why the debugger shouldn't work correctly in that case?

Has the stack been properly set up? If not, stack browsing is never
going to work.

Maybe I forgot to mention this earlier: I found one problem with the application that seemed to have caused these problems at least in part: There were "endianness" setup issues. The program was compiled for big-endian, the appropriate hardware pin was set up for big-endian operation, and the debug pod was configured for big-endian mode. The "big-endian" flag in the control coprocessor (CP15) was, however, not set; I actually had the appropriate code all along, but it was left out by mistake on the debug setup. (This lead to a surprisingly low number of problems with the actual execution of the code, since it would mostly do word accesses anyway.)

After this problem was resolved, the variable display is more or less OK, and the stack looks good most of the time - although I'm still having problems e.g. stepping up from deeply nested routines, in particular "I/O implementation" calls that are accessed via the C lib.

- Toralf