Re: Insight 6.1 Cygwin GUI

Keith Seitz wrote:

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 06:34, Peter Graf wrote:

I've noticed a different problem: The Source Display Status Bar (offering file/function selection below the Toolbar) doesn't appear when I invoke Insight 6.1 using the
-command <commandfile>
option. This still worked in 5.3. For me it's quite annoying, since I used this feature very much. It can also be done by the Function browser Menu, but not as quick. Any hints?

Hmm. I've tried a simple test case and could not reproduce this:

$ cat commands
set $i=0
while $i<10
set $i=$i+1
printf "Hello: %d\n",$i
end

$ ./insight --command commands gdb

And Insight came up as expected (on linux). I'll see if I cannot steal
some windows time later.

I welcome any other hints you may have.

At first I thought the problem was triggered by "--command" in general, but now I see that it depends on the contents of the commandfile. My original file was:

file test.x
set remotebaud 115200
set remotetime 1
set debug remote 0
target remote com2
load test.x

The critical instruction seems to be "target remote com2". (BTW it is executed, otherwise I couldn't download to the remote target). When I remove "target remote com2", and consequently the "load test.x", the problem disappears. Removing only "load test.x" doesn't help.

I have noticed that "target remote com2" causes an error window "no shared library support for this OS/ABI" to pop up. I could imagine the problem is somhow related to this window, since the audit trail of PR253 reported the same when the Local Variables window is open at startup.

The error window did not appear in Insight 5.3, too.

All the best
Peter