Re: Insight and mingw GUI-programs

Keith Seitz wrote:

You can use objdump (non-DWARF2) or readelf (DWARF2) to output the
symbols in your executable. If objdump/readelf have it wrong, it is very
likely the compiler that's wrong.

I've used "nm -al my.exe" and it seems to have it right but paths are windows-like = they start with a letter designating the drive. Could this confuse insight/gdb built for cygwin?

Another thing is that when I use mingw version of gdb (5.2.1) and issue "info func main" it just crashes (the cygwin version of gdb is fine in this case but finds wrong paths). I guess I'll report the crash to mingw people...

I suspect you may simply need to set up a few paths for gdb ("help dir"
in the console),

I've looked into this and it seems to work. Actually starting insight from the root directory of my project as $cwd makes it find the sources so I guess I just live with that. I didn't realize that the working directory of gdb would have so much effect :(

but just in case you are running into something more
serious, I recommend the fine folks on the gdb mailing list (if you can
get gdb to replicate the error, and it sounds like you can).

I am a bit stressed for time now, but I might ask later about this issue (I already have a list of things to ask about the tools I use, but it has to wait 3 more weeks :().

Thanks for your help.

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic