Re: deprecated_register_convertible error on arm-elf target

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 09:29, LaPonsey Brian-ra4951 wrote:

> I can't reproduce this error in a gdb command-line window, it only occurs when I view the registers in the GUI.  It seems to be related to the commands that insight is sending to gdb in the background, but I don't know how to make that communication visible.
> Has anyone seen this before?

Not off-topic. I believe that there are register-handling problems with
insight in 6.1 due to neglect.

There were some check-ins to gdbtk-register.c that might fix the
problem:

2004-03-29  Martin Hunt  <hunt@redhat.com>

        * generic/gdbtk-register.c (map_arg_registers): If a specific
        register was requested, just return it without validating it
        has a name.
        (get_register): Check DEPRECATED_REGISTER_CONVERTIBLE_P ().

2004-02-17  Martin Hunt  <hunt@redhat.com>

        * generic/gdbtk-register.c (Gdbtk_Register_Init): Replace
        calls to register_gdbarch_swap with
 	deprecated_register_gdbarch_swap.

Since you've built insight yourself, try grabbing
src/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-register.c from HEAD and replacing the
version you have with it.