Insight blues

Hi:

I have recompiled insight 6.0 during the weekend, with the intent
to use it to debug programs under a PowerPC Platform (an aging
MBX board). I used the --target=powerpc-eabi and it generated
all the files neede to run (i.e. powerpc-eabi-gdb,
powerpc-eabi-insight and some more misteious one too.

The problems start when I try to run the debugger. I load the
executable and can connect to my target using ethernet (the checkbox
that says to breakpoint on "main" is checked)  but as
sun as I hit "run" (the running man...) I am immediately greeted
by a dialog box saying:

"No shared library sipport for this OS ABI"

after that, the program is downloaded. And that is where the show
ends. I cannot single step, I cannot run, infact, I cannot do anything
because the program seems frozen. The button bar is grayed out,
the only button available is the "stop". The only thing left to
do at this point is kill the application. The MBX board is not
responding and needs to be rebooted.

When the same operations are performed with the command line version
of gdb, everything works just fine, and I can at least launch my
application and see it run, which is more than I can with insight.

I am quickly running out of ideas. Does aanybody have any wisdom to
share?

thanks
Tony