Re: Insight's dependance on libgui?

TkTable is a very widely used Tcl extension - distributed as a part of ActiveState's Tcl toolkit. The chances of Jeff's wanting to contribute the code to the FSF (and change to a GPL license) are vanishingly small. OTOH, it is a substantial chunk of code, and when we tried to do the memory window in pure Tcl the performance really sucked for big windows. So you would need another C-based table for Tk. There is another one (part of BLT) but that one is also BSD licensed, and the author is not going to change that.

I don't know of one that is likely to be contributed.

Jim