Re: Multiple ~/.gdbtkinit files

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 13:10, Duane Ellis wrote:
> >> So what is conflicting that you need multiple .gdbtkinit files? [My
>
> We have 3 different internal Insight targets - all custom ports to
> internally developed custom cpus.. one of them - was used our eBookman
> product. Perhaps you saw this a couple years ago.

Yeah, I recall something about that. Nonetheless, the preferences should
not be conflicting with each other, EXCEPT if you are specifying, for
example, that the windows open or their geometries are different with
each target. The preferences system has understood about different
target specifications for quite some time. [I guess I am still not clear
what problem you need to overcome and why you would need multiple pref
files.]

> >> 1. use lots of "dbug" statements and set GDBTK_LOGFILE (or is it
>    GDBTK_DEBUG? both? I don't recall). Using a log file would get you
>    output sooner (as I seem to recall).
>
> Where do I do this at?

In the environment before starting up insight. See
gdbtk/library/main.tcl (look for GDBTK_DEBUGFILE or something like
that).

> >> 2. Use "puts stdout" or "puts stderr" to force output to console. (This
>    doesn't work on cygwin, though.)
>
> Agh... I know.... what a pain.

Yeah, but sometimes it's all there is for the debugging of startup
problems. :v(