Re: Multiple ~/.gdbtkinit files

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 12:50, Duane Ellis wrote:
> >> Anyway, you could try something like:
>
> The -nx and --command options are not the problem, they deal with the
> normal ".gdb<<blank-not-TK>>init" file.

Doh, you're right. That's not what you wanted. My bad.

> >> So you have, for instance, different window geometries and open
>    windows based on the target?
>
> Not that I know of.

So what is conflicting that you need multiple .gdbtkinit files? [My
memory of preferences is slipping away, so be gentle. :-)]

> The really tough thing is - I can't seem to debug tcl startup problems
> under insight.
>
> For instance, if you have a syntax error somewhere, or any erorr
> message, it gets swallowed up and not shown to you. You have to debug
> this stuff blind.

Hmmm. I thought that one could always work around the problem one of two
ways (on *nix, at least):

1. use lots of "dbug" statements and set GDBTK_LOGFILE (or is it
GDBTK_DEBUG? both? I don't recall). Using a log file would get you
output sooner (as I seem to recall).

2. Use "puts stdout" or "puts stderr" to force output to console. (This
doesn't work on cygwin, though.)