insight won't debug my program

Hi All,

I want to debug a program on RedHat 9 (to which I am fairly new).
I have downloaded, made and installed Insight/gdb5.3 (./configure,
./make, ./make install)

I want to try "debugging" the monop demo C program.
I have set up the debugger to run monop, and the working directory is
that of monop.

The xterm field is set to xterm -e
When I click debug, an xterm window comes up with the following
contents:
"
xterm: Can't execvp -T: No such file or directory
[martin@rh9 monop]$
"

I get the insight source window, set a breakpoint at the first
executable line in main, and hit run - insight then hangs. (cursor is
watch symbol).

I have left the command to run insight as insight - not changed it to
gdb in contradiction to the readme instructions with sourcenavigator.

How do I troubleshoot my problem?

Thanks all

Martin