Re: [Fwd: RE: Problems using Insight/GDB for Coldfire]

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 07:34, Keith Seitz wrote:
> [Back to list]
>
> > > Can you give me a URI?
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdm/

Thanks. I see that the developers have added patches for this target to
both insight and gdb. The insight ones look correct. The gdb ones,
though, look a little suspicious. inferior_pid is never set (well, it
was, but they are all commented out in the patch). This could explain
why you never see the toolbar buttons enabled.

> > It's in the .gdbinit file (See the tar archive; but I attached it to this mail). As you can see I use it for board initialisation.

Ok, I would just whack everything below the "target" command from your
.gdbinit and save it into another file. You can use the "Command to run
after attaching to target" thingy in the target selection to source in
the other script. (So, save everything below the "target" command into,
e.g., ~/setup-bdm; then open a target selection dialog (File->Target
Settings...), select the BDM target, fold down the "More Options" thingy
and type in the "Command to run after attaching" something like "source
~/setup-bdm")