Re: Problems with remote debugging

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 02:12, Mike Smith wrote:
> I'm having problems trying to debug a remote xScale system with Insight
> 5.3.  I've built Insight for a xscale-arm-elf target.  If I use the
> version of gdb generated everything works fine and I can debug away.
> However, when I run Insight things are not so happy.  I set up the
> target settings for Remote/TCP connection, to Attach to Target, not to
> Download Program, and to 'Continue from Last Stop' as Run Method.  When
> I run, the connection gets set up to the gdbserver but then I get
> 'Program Received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation Fault'.  On the bash
> terminal on the host I get:
> /bin/bash: 'my_prog': cannot execute binary file
> /bin/bash: 'my_prog': Success

What is "my_prog"? Is this your debug executable? If so, it appears that
gdb is attempting to run it natively. What host are you on?

Can you show me a gdb session (command line) of what you're doing (the
part that works)? Any messages in the debug window? (Open console, type
"tk ManagedWin::open DebugWin" to open.)

Are you using a stub -- err, debug agent -- or gdbserver. I wasn't aware
that gdbserver worked on anything other than native targets. Even if it
did, it would almost certainly require a download.