This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Writing to Memory and Page Alignment
- From: "David Mc Kenna" <mckennad at esatclear dot ie>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com,insight at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:36:29 +0100
- Subject: Writing to Memory and Page Alignment
- Reply-to: mckennad at esatclear dot ie
Is it possible to force gdb to write data to a target in a page aligned ( boundary
For example, I have flash memory which is located at 0x8000 and the page size
is 256bytes. Under the current setup, gdb can overlap the pages and cause problems,
e.g. $MF0,40:.......#CS, here pages 0 and 1 overlap. Is it possible to get gdb
to split this command into two page aligned commands? i.e. $MF0,10:...#CS, page
0 written, and $M100,30:...#CS, page 1 written.
Dave Mc Kenna