Re: insight5.3 based on cygwin problem

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 00:33, Ryle_Liu@dlink.com.cn wrote:
> and i need switch insight to another program (IE etc.). then the whole
> insight disappear!! multi-ice-gdb-server tell me that:

This is a well-known and documented bug in 5.2 and 5.3 -- any version of
insight that was released with Tcl/Tk 8.3. The tcl/tk 8.3 merge into
sources.redhat.com was botched, and it never worked properly. If you
need to use 5.3, see the special instructions at
http://sources.redhat.com/insight/cygwin.html on how to revert tcl/tk
8.3 to tcl/tk 8.0.

It sounds, however, that you're just using a remote target, so any
version will do. I *highly* recommend checking out the 6.0 branch (or
getting a snapshot) and testing this new release (which is due
officially in a couple of weeks).

> another problem is i can't understand insight menu 'File->Source...'
> --Choose GDB command file, what meaning of this?

When one asks bash to read in a shell script, one is "sourcing" the
script. The Source... option reads and executes a GDB command script.
For more information on GDB scripting, see the GDB users manual.

If you want to view a different file in your project, enter its name in
the combo box at the top of the source window (or select it, or search
for it in the Function Browser window or type in a function name in the
function combo box), etc. I suggest a quick perusal of the online
documentation built into Insight. It may be slightly out of date, but
simple things like this are certainly documented.

You may also view the docs online at
http://sources.redhat.com/insight/help. These are a copy of the built-in
help files.