Re: Adding new target in Targetselection.itb

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 08:31, msarasa@fh-konstanz.de wrote:
> I don't overwrite the remote serial option. I have to modify the code for the
> valid_target function (in targetselection.itb too) and add:
>
> if {[regexp "simuart$" $target]} {
>     # Special case (hacked for e1)
>     regsub simuart$ $target {} foo
>     return [valid_target $foo]
>   }

When you have your version of gdb, what does "help target remote
simuart" say? If it does NOT cause an error (which I suspect it
doesn't), then you don't need to modify valid_target.

If "help target remote simuart" DOES return an error, then gdb doesn't
think that "remote simuart" is a valid target. Fix gdb. Or hack around
it in valid_target. Say that simuart is always valid.