Plugins : Memory Reads

Hi all,

In previous versions of Insight, before the new version of TCL/TK were merged
into the sources successfully, I was using the command:

  set retVal [catch {gdb_get_mem $addr $format \
		       $size $nb $bytes_per_row $asc} vals]

to retrieve information from memory in non consecutive memory locations ( several
of these commands after which the data was placed in a table). Since Insight
has migrated to the newer version of TCL/TK this command has being depreciated.
The newer version of the command ( as used in memwin.itb ) is :

 set retVal [catch {gdb_update_mem ${this}_memval $current_addr $format $size
$nb $bytes_per_row} vals]

Unfortunately this reads information in table format and as such I cannot read
several different non consecutive locations and place them in the same table
to be displayed by Insight. Is there an alternate command/method available that
can be used to read memory which can then be place into the table structure?

Thanks,
Dave

--
http://www.iol.ie