Re: Cannot lauch Insight from Windows (TCL missing or somethinglike this) == ERR message.

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 12:45, Andre Gompel wrote:
> Ther error message is:
> "
> ide_initialize_paths failed: Can't find the GUI Tcl library in the following
> directories:
>     C:/cygwin/usr/share/redhat/gui C:/cygwin/share/redhat/gui
> C:/share/redhat/gui c:/cygwin/usr/libgui/library
> C:/cygwin/usr/share/redhat/ide C:/cygwin/share/redhat/ide C:/share/redhat/ide
> c:/cygwin/usr/libide/library
> "
> I just typed "insight" from the command line (with or without arguments).

Insight is complaining that it can't find "libgui", our (very outdated)
gui library. (We used to use libgui to share code with Source Navigator
and other Tcl projects at Cygnus.)

If you built insight, how did you install it? "make install-gdb" should
have installed tcl, tk, itcl, gdb, insight, and libgui. What does "head
config.status" show as the --prefix? You should have the
$PREFIX/share/redhat/gui. Does it exist?

If none of this is getting anywhere, please tell me how you built and
installed insight: your exact line for configure (working directories),
how you typed "make", etc.