This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: insight crashed under cygwin]
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: Borracini Evandro-R45188 <Evandro dot Borracini at motorola dot com>
- Cc: "'insight at sources dot redhat dot com'" <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:53:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: insight crashed under cygwin]
- References: <69AB2E42243FD511920200805FE64EAD04DB29B7@zbr01exm01.spo.br.mot.com>
- Reply-to: insight at sources dot redhat dot com
Jonathan Larmour posted a patch to newlib which fixed the problem eCos
people were having building arm-ecos-elf-gdb.
We're waiting for approval or some alternate fix in the newlib library.
Once that happens, a cygwin-1.3.20 will appear shortly with the fix.
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:45:12PM -0200, Borracini Evandro-R45188 wrote:
>I was facing the same problem. When I tried to run insight.exe ( which
>I had just built from the sources) it was returning the same error
>message. So, I replaced cygwin-1.3.18-1 by cygwin-1.3.17-1 and rebuild
>insight from the sources. It is running fine now.
>I'm using the following configuration:
>- Windows 2000
>- latest release of cygwin 1.3.18-1
>- insight-5.1 configured for target "arm-ecos-elf"
>The compilation goes well (I have also tried insight-5.2.1 and insight-5.3 using Tcl/Tk 8.0.3; as described at <http://sources.redhat.com/insight/cygwin.html>).
>If I run the application "arm-ecos-elf-gdb.exe" it crashed and I got a Windows containing an error message like this:
>The application cannot be initialised (0xc0000022). Press "OK" to stop the application".
>Some times ago I have used cygwin release 1.3.14-1. Compilation of insight goes well and the application works fine.
>What's wrong with cygwin 1.3.18-1?