Re: [RFA] Find init.tcl on cygwin

Keith Seitz wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

2002-12-19  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@redhat.com>

	* win/tclWinInit.c (TclpInitLibraryPath): Default to correct location
	for installLib on cygwin.

You know, normally I would just say, "yes", but this seems like a good time to start a little discussion on this.
I think I know why you want to move it to /usr/share from /usr/lib (because it's the "right" place to put these files), but this would be different from how net tcl/tk work, which I thought was the whole point to trying to import 8.3.

So, do we care at all about not doing things too differently from the net release (in the futile hopes to someday just require people to use the net release) or do we even bother?

We do bother. It is really hard to maintain our customized copies of these things.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: fnasser@redhat.com