Re: Compilation of 5.3 on cygwin under Win2000

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:30:59PM +0800, blakjak wrote:
>Thanks for your reply.  I also have REDHAT LINUX installed on another
>harddisk in this box.  Can I configure/compile the code on that system
>to use in my Win2K environment?
>
>i.e.
>
>../src/configure --target=i686-pc-cygwin make
>
>or will the problems surface with that as well?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  The problems that I was referring to
are due to something going wrong in the bowels of tcl code.  They have
nothing to do with what host on which you are building gdb/insight.

In any event, I just released a new version of gdb/insight for cygwin
yesterday.  It includes the somewhat buggy version of insight but since
it had been so long since the last release of gdb I thought it was time
to release something even if it can crash in certain situations.

cgf