Re: [patch] a few more frame_in_dummy's

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:22:17 -0800 (PST), Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> said:
> On 15 Nov 2002, David Carlton wrote:

>> Incidentally, does core GDB really depend on the files in
>> SUBDIR_GDBTK_OBS?  If not, would it be possible to reorganize
>> Makefile.in to reflect that fact?  Because the way that I found those
>> frame_in_dummy problems was that I was trying to build GDB in a source
>> tree that included insight and where -Werror was turned on; it seems
>> to me unfortunate that I had to fix problems in insight before I could
>> get GDB to compile.

> I'm working on ripping everything Insight-related out of core
> gdb. I've submitted at least one RFC on how to complete this (one on
> init.c and one on options processing), but I haven't found the time
> to finish the work just yet. I seem to always get side-tracked by
> something.

Ah, I see.

> I'll see if I can't find some time next week to at least revisit
> some of this.

Thanks.  Though please don't hurry on my account: it's quite rare for
insight to cause problems when compiling GDB, and probably most such
issues will be as easily fixed as this one was.  (On the other hand,
if you're waiting for an excuse to get back to this, I'm happy to
provide one!)

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu