User Defined Types and the Debugger

Support,

I am using the cygwin C++ debugger (Insight GNU Debugger) to look at some
code.  I have an expression:

A = B / C     where A = floating point class attribute (not static or const,
class scope)
                            B = locally defined floating point variable (not
static or const)
                            C = user defined floating point type that is
static and const (class scope).

All of the above is in the same class.

The debugger shows me a value of 0 for C, but it is statically initialized
to 70.0.  I set a breakpoint at this line of code and when I step through
this line of code, the debugger gives me a segmentation violation (I assume
because it thinks I am dividing by zero).  But if I set a breakpoint at some
point after this line of code, the debugger successfully executes it.  When
I run the program outside of the debugger, it is successfully executed.

Why do I get a segmentation violation when I step through this line?  The
value is initialized.  Why can't the debugger see it?  Do I need to set
something or do something in addition?   HHHHEEEELLLPPPP!!!  This is really
frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Cheryl (Very Annoyed!)

Cheryl Matteucci