Re: Can threaded program be remotely debugged using Insight ?

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the reply.
Anyway, how come mail from you everytime arrive twice?

> On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Masahide Tomita wrote:
>
> > So, my real questions are:
> >
> > 1. Is this a problem of insight, or gdb?
>
> Can you run this with just GDB (gdb -nw)? It sounds like a gdb bug, but
> running "-nw" will tell us for sure.

I tried this one, and got same result, as long as I try to debug remotely.
Debugging locally goes more than just fine, even with GUI mode.

> > 2. Is there any way to debug threded program by using gdb, or insight?
>
> I think that the real problem may be the warning you saw, but we'll get to
> that after we determine whether Insight is at fault.

I locally run gdb (not Insight) on target, to see if this is target oriented
issue, and I get thread created and program going, but I get the message
below now:

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x4005db75 in sigsuspend( ) from /lib/libc.so.6

These, I don't get from gdb on PC.
GDB versions of both PC and target are same.

I can't even guess what the problem is now.

Somebody please help me.

Thank you.

--
Masahide Tomita