TCL Insight and Cygwin.....

Any suggestions on how to build a version of insight
that runs on cygwin and does not have broken TCL....

The current state of my efforts....
I am not a unix/linux guru and struggle to build these tools, so please bare with me when I ask stupid questions....

Where I am:
I am successfully building the insight/gdb5.1.1. under insight as a cross debugger.
It sort of works but the TCL keeps crashing in windows.

What I am trying to do:
Take the TCL patches Mumit Kahn so kindly provided:
ftp://ftp.nanotech.wisc.edu/pub/khan/tcl/tcltk-8.3.4-cygwin/

and put them into the tcl sub tree of the insight-5.1.1. source so that when I build insight it will
build the working tcl version.

First question:
Should I be building TCL as a seperate build from insight?
If so any suggestions on how to modify the insight build so it won't build tcl and it picks up
the right libraries from the separate TCL build?

Second Question:
Building TCL separately exposes way too much about the insight build process I don't understand.
So I am trying the following:
1)untar the insight sources.
2)Apply my patches for customization
3)Copy all of the sub directories over from the tcl new directory, leaving the stuff in the root insight directory unmodified.
3a)This means any changes in the root TCL directory are not copied over.
Any suggestions on what I should possibly change in this directory?

Lastly I'm staying up late tonight to try to work though this, I'm typing this as my build scripts
make their first attempt on a different machine, it may just work, but my confidence is low.

My first error is:

running /bin/sh /source/insight-5.1.1/itcl/itcl/win/configure --host=i686-pc-cy
gwin --target=m68k-elf --prefix=/gcc-m68k --cache-file=../../../config.cache --s
rcdir=/source/insight-5.1.1/itcl/itcl/win
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for object suffix... (cached) o
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
cd: can't cd to ../../../tcl8.1/win
configure: error: There's no tclConfig.sh in /build/insite/itcl/itcl/win; perhaps you didn't specify the Tcl *build* directory (not the toplevel Tcl directory)
or you forgot to configure Tcl?
configure: error: /source/insight-5.1.1/itcl/itcl/win/configure failed for itcl/win
Configure in /build/insite/itcl failed, exiting.

Any suggestions?

Paul