Re: building insight for arm-elf-gdb 5.2.1

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Mike A wrote:

> I have arm-elf-gdb 5.2.1 build under cygwin on my Win 2000 machine. Now I
> need insight for this arm-elf gdb. Do Pre-built binaries (.exe) for insight
> available on the net? If yes, let me know the URL.

Use 5.2.1+cygwin at your own risk. Those versions use tc/tk 8.3 from the
repository, and, unfortunately, they seem quite broken. Your best bet for
using current cvs gdb/insight on cygwin is to use the tcl, tk, itcl, and
tix from 5.1. :-(

We do not pre-build binaries at all, but others may make their own builds
available. A google search might reveal something.

> If I need to download source & build it myself under cygwin, then let me
> know the URL that has the instruction for it for the arm-elf-gdb.

http://sources.redhat.com/insight is the homepage. There are download
instructions there somewhere. Building instructions can be found in the
README in current cvs.

I wish I had better news, but cygwin is in bad shape, and no one has
stepped forward to try to fix it. (Well, one person offered a few months
ago, but I haven't heard anything from him.)