Re: [Patch] Avoid install of iwidgets, tix, or tk demo files

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Mo DeJong wrote:

> Here is a patch that skips the install of demo files. There really is no reason
> to install these as part of an Insight or Source-Navigator install. This patch
> makes it easier to create an RPM since there as fewer useless files to list
> in the rpm spec file and it saves a couple of megs of space in the install dir.

Ummmm... I don't think this is the right way to do this. Cygwin users use
the versions of tcl, tk, tix, etc from sources.redhat.com. This patch will
mean that they won't get a "standard" part of these packages.

What I think is called for is a new install target which doesn't install
"useless" stuff like this. We used to have, for example, an install target
called "install-minimal" which would only install the DLLs and library
files from tcl et al. I think this would be a better approach.