Re: stackdump under cygwin.

(Redirected to proper mailing list)

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Paul Breed wrote:

> I've build an insight  crossdebugger under cygwin.

Where did you get the sources? (i.e, what version? 5.1? 5.2? CVS head?)

> How do I use this to determine where it is crashing?

The easiest thing to do is to run insight under gdb. Things will be a lot
easier if you compiled insight without any optimization, too.

Simply run Insight under gdb:

gdb /path/to/gdb

Or run gdb in command-line-mode by adding "-nw" option. Then simply run
the program and see where it dies.

> It crashes under both win2Kpro and win98

If you're using 5.2 or newer, there are problems with the Tcl/Tk ports
that are in CVS which cause spurious crashes on windows. I don't know if
I'll ever have time to fix it (or if I'll even be able to find out what
the problem is!).

Good luck.