Re: Cygwin gdb-20020411-1 HelpViewer does not display images

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Ton van Overbeek wrote:
>
> > While trying to use the recently released Cygwin gdb I noticed that
> > the internal helpviewer does not display images. It shows
> > the 'broken image' on all places a gif is referenced.
>
> Ugh. Yes, I've been meaning to get to that...
>
> > The internal helpviewer uses the Scrolledhtml class.
> > Thic class inherits from the Scrolledtext class.
> > The Scrolledtext class has a public method called 'image'.
> > (this method did not exist in older gdb releases)
> > So all unqualified image commands in Scrolledhtml will use
> > Scrolledtext::image instead of the plain Tk image command.
>
> Aha! Wow, am I glad someone tracked this down! Yes, you are right: the
> correct way of dealing with this is specifying a namespace/scope for the
> image command used in Scrolledhtml, "::image".

In the meantime I checked the itcl/itk/iwidgets CVS at
sourceforge, and indeed from iwidgets 4.0.0 onward all
references to image in Scrolledhtml are now "::image".

Do you still want me to supply a patch, or will you do it
yourself, since it is rather trivial?

Ton