Re: Insight vs tcl vs tk et.al. on gdb_5_2-branch

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> It was mentioned to me (Keith I think) that there were still issues with
>   tcl/tk et.al. when running Insight (or expect?) on cygwin.
>
> Does anyone know the details here.  If nothing else the Insight release
> may want to mention this.

Issues I know of:

1) Expect doesn't seem to build (on cygwin)
2) Insight not very stable on cygwin (these problems seems to be all
related to the tcl/tk upgrade).

I would guess that #1 should be pretty easy to fix.

#2, on the other hand, is a little tougher. I've got one or two patches
lying around that fix a few bugs in it, but there are still some other
issues:

o images in HELP don't render
o bringing up a target dialog causes a hang/crash (I believe irox had a
workaround for this)

I'll admit, I haven't played with Insight under windows a whole lot
(especially for embedded work), but I think Martin has, and he is not
having as many problems.

Maybe I'm just over-reacting?